Sunday, January 27, 2008

From "Natural Beekeeping: Organic Approaches to Modern Apiculture"

"All these experiences have nurtured a connection between the honey bee and myself that is deeper and more meaningful than I can put into words. The bees have taught me so much over the years and have brought so many wonderful people into my world. It is my hope that I will always have honey bees around me, until the end of my days...

"...We certainly do not have a situation where there are too many beekeepers in the United States. In fact, I believe that we need more beekeepers in this world, and those beekeepers need to be successful in apiculture. This motivates me to do whatever I can to assist my fellow apiculturists...By sharing what I've learned with less experienced folks, I hope to aid them in keeping their bees alive and healthy. I also hope that, through the good work we accomplish with our honey bees, we can all help to leave the world in better condition than we've found it....This is my primary motivation for writing this book. As with beekeeping in general, it certainly isn't for the money."

--Ross Conrad
Dancing Bee Gardens

Labels: , ,