Saturday, January 10, 2009

"Dreamers Awaken"--planning a new blog


It came as a surprise last week when I was reminded this blog was launched one year ago. Though I haven’t always written as much as I would have liked, it's been a wonderful learning experience and a useful outlet for some of my latent creative urges.

I've been thinking quite a lot during the quiet of the snowy holidays about many, many things in my life, and reading a lot of new blogs that have stimulated my ponderings even more. Many of us use this time of year to reflect and to plan. I savor the feelings of possibility that seem to accompany the dawning of each new year. There is something beautifully human in all our hearts that hopes for better days and fresh opportunities in the year that stretches before us.

Recently I've discovered several new blogs that have been entertaining and thought provoking. What I found over the holidays was a seeming endless number and variety of amazing women bloggers: talented, funny, intelligent, generous, hopeful, vulnerable...and so much more. I uncovered them as you do using the Internet--I followed a link from a Google alert email to a blog that looked like it might be interesting. That blog contained links leading to about a half dozen other blogs and websites. Soon I was reading web pages late into the nights, bundled against the chill in a darkened room (so I would not disturb Mike’s sleep), and broadening my horizons yet again thanks to this magical beast known as the worldwide web.

My plan to launch a new blog, rather than digressing too much on these pages. Here I want to keep to the topic of beekeeping and its related issues as much as possible. Creating the new blog as I envision it will be another sort of fun and challenge for me--a lot like beekeeping is. I've given it the name "Dreamers Awaken" in celebration of, and support for these newly-discovered dreamers, magicians, artists, business professionals, writers, mothers, gardeners, and so many more...these people who inspire me and fill me with a sense of possibilities. Hopefully reading about them will spur some of the dreams lying dormant within you, too!

I hope you will join me there as that journey unfolds!

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At January 12, 2009 at 2:02 AM , Blogger Irish Cottage Dreams said...

Ohh! I'm intrigued and can't wait to read it!

Best wishes on your new blog.

~kimme

 
At January 12, 2009 at 8:40 AM , Blogger Swan-Island Studios said...

Hi Kimme,

Welcome and thanks for your kind thoughts!

I hope you will enjoy the new blog, especially as you and some of my other favorite bloggers were part of the inspiration for the new site. So thank you. [s]

All the best!
Anne

 
At January 15, 2009 at 9:13 AM , Blogger Carmen said...

Sounds fantastic! I can't wait to see!

Namasté,

Carmen

 
At January 15, 2009 at 9:48 AM , Blogger Swan-Island Studios said...

Hello Carmen,

Well, I hope to make it as fantastic as the subject deserves. [s] I hope to be in touch with you about including some of your own material. I love your site and your work!

Thank you for writing!

Best wishes,
Anne

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home